Getting Started with Friendbuy
Referral Program Placements
Friendbuy Referral Emails
Driving Referral Program Awareness
Referral Offer Strategies
Limited-Time Offer Promotions in Referral
Referral Contests, Sweepstakes and Giveaways
A/B Testing Best Practices
How can I invite my team to the Friendbuy platform?
Managing Your Account Settings
How to Set Up and Change Your Email Sender
Referral Campaign Management
How to Create a New Theme
How to Make Changes to a Theme
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
How to update a Widget or Theme to the latest version
How to Set Up a Ribbon
How to Set Up an Advocate Landing Page
How to Set Up a Friend Landing Page
How to Set Up a Post-Purchase Overlay
How to Set Up an Account Page Widget
How to configure your Terms & Conditions
How to Test a Widget
How to Set up a Self-Referral Overlay
How to Personalize Your Widgets with the Advocate name
How to Create a New Referral Campaign
How to set up Referral Code Personalization for PURLs
Setting Up an Advocate Reward
Setting Up a Friend Incentive
Setting Up Shopify Coupon Code Integration
How to Run an A/B Test
How to Change Your Referral Offer
Setting Up Max Clicks for Referral Links
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) through Our API
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) for Advocates
How to Configure Tiered Rewards
How to Archive a Referral Campaign
How to Duplicate Your Campaign
How to Set Up a Redirect for Limited Time Campaigns
How to Create a New Code Bank
How to Generate Coupons in Bulk for Shopify
Setting Up Low Code Bank Notifications
How to Add Codes to an Existing Code Bank
How to send Referral Links Post Product Review (Yotpo + Klaviyo)
How to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Friendbuy and Trustpilot (via Klaviyo)
How to send one time emails with referral links through Klaviyo
How to Send Referral Links Post Positive Product Review (Okendo + Klaviyo)
How to Send Referral Links Post Purchase through Klaviyo
How to Enable the Klaviyo Integration
How to Send a a Customer their Loyalty Points Balance Through Klaviyo
How to Email Coupon Codes Through Klaviyo to Advocates and Friends After They Are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Yotpo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Upgrading to Klaviyo OAuth with your Friendbuy Integration
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Okendo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Send Coupon Codes through Klaviyo SMS to Advocates and Friends After They are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers For Subscribing to Klaviyo Emails and Texts Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Segment Customers Based on Tier Status in Klaviyo
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Stamped via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Tango Card Integration
How to Integrate Friendbuy as a Segment Source
How to set up the Segment Web-Mode (Destination Actions) Integration
Trigger a Direct Mail Campaign to Drive Referral Program Awareness (Friendbuy x Iterable x Poplar)
How to Enable the Iterable Integration
Increase Referral Program Awareness with a Dedicated Email Blast through Iterable Journeys
Send a Triggered Text to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Attentive and Okendo
Automatically Prompt a Referral Post Purchase in Attentive
Send Referral Program Text Messages Through Attentive
How to Text Coupon Codes to Advocates using Attentive Journeys
Make it Easy for Advocates to Refer by Sending Their PURL Through SMS using Attentive Journeys
How to Send Advocates a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to Send Referred Friends a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to reward Loyalty Members for signing up for Attentive text messages and emails
How to Include a Customer's Loyalty Points Balance in an Attentive Text
How to Send a Coupon Code to a Referred Friend using Attentive Journeys
How To Enable the Attentive Integration
How to Leverage Friendbuy with Kustomer
How to Block a Referral Code
How to Block an Email Address
Fraud Settings and Business Rules
Configuring a Global Reward Allowance
Configuring a Referral Link Fallback URL
How to set up expiration for Account Credit or Points
How the Similar Email Address Fraud Check Works
Customer Service Portal
How do I check the status of a referral?
How to Manually Add or Remove Credit / Points to a Customer's Account
Why was my customers reward rejected?
The Referred Friend put in their email address but didn’t get their coupon code. How do I find this?
Resend Reward Email
Override a Rejected or Pending reward
How to Search for a Customer Profile
How to create a Manual Referral
Why didn't the Advocate receive a Reward for a successful referral?
Reasons for Rejected Advocate Rewards and Friend Incentives
Analytics & Reports
Top Advocates Report
Account Credit or Points Statement Export
Exporting Reports from Friendbuy
Advocate Rewards Report
The Channel Analytics Dashboard
Friend Incentives Report
Understanding the Codes Report
What does Fraud Protection do?
What is a typical referral flow?
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
Difficulty downloading reports after you receive an export email?
What are Fraud Checks, Tier Checks, and Rules Checks in the Rewards Report?
How do I change my password?
What is a self-referral redirect URL?
What do the Reward Statuses and Definitions mean?
How to Create a New Theme
What is a Friend Widget?
How are Conversions Tracked in Friendbuy?
A Glossary of Terms
How long is the Referred Friend attribution window
What are some common scenarios, and how do I troubleshoot them?
Loyalty Program Management
Updated by Yuwei Li
This feature enables you to allow your customers to manually opt-in to your loyalty program. A best practice is to implement the loyalty opt-in CTAs on the Customers' account page and the Loyalty program reward overvew page.
Have an active Loyalty Program with Friendbuy and have configured Manual Opt-In as part of your Loyalty Program settings. To activate manual opt-in, work with your Friendbuy Customer Success Manager to configure the required settings. If you need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and support.
- Customers will opt-in manually via an Opt-in CTA widget. In order to create this widget, you will need to create a template first.
To create a template, navigate to Loyalty > Templates and click on the + Create Widget Template button. From the available options, select Opt-in CTA as the template type.
- Once a template is created, you may style and design the look and feel of your CTAs by clicking on Edit Template, which opens the widget editor tool.
- Once you are in the widget editor tool, you will see three tabs: Logged Out, Logged In, and Opted In. The definitions are as follows:
Note: The text background is white by default. Remember to change the background color to match that of your website.
- Logged Out: This refers to what the end users see when they are fully logged out of their account. In this section, you can configure various formatting options, including the sign-up/log-in page URL redirect.
- Logged In: This refers to what the end users see when they are logged into their accounts, but not opted into the Loyalty program. Upon clicking on this CTA, the user will be opted-in to the loyalty program.
- Opted In: This refers to what the end users see when they are logged into their accounts and have opted into the Loyalty program. There is no CTA for this state; this is a static image. However, if you would like to, you may link your reward program page or another webpage.
- Click the Save Changes button at the top to save and then publish any changes you make. Any widget that is assigned to this template will get the saved changes that are made on the template. You will be shown a warning with a list of widget to be impacted:
- Once you have created a template, you can now assign it to an opt-in CTA widget. Go to Loyalty > Widgets and click on the Create Widget button. From the options provided, select Loyalty Opt-in CTA.
- Select the template that you want to assign.
- After you have assigned a widget template to your Opt-in CTA widget, you can complete the configuration process.
- On the left-hand side of this configuration section, you will have the ability to embed this widget into your website.
- On the right-hand side of this configuration section, you will see what the CTA will look like on your site for the end users through the previews, which are up-to-date with the latest template designs.
- You can update the design of the template by clicking on the View/Edit Template button, which opens the template editor tool. You can also reassign another template to this widget by clicking on the Replace Template button.
- If you wish to create additional Opt-in CTA widgets, simply follow the above steps again. You can either assign an existing template or build a new one to align with the style of another page.
- How do I remove the Opt-in CTAs that I have configured on my site? You can do so by navigating to Loyalty > Widgets and click on the widget that you’d like to remove. In the configuration section, turn the "Visible on Site” toggle “off.”
- How can I delete a widget? To delete a widget, you can click on the trashcan icon located at the bottom of the widget configuration page.
- How can I delete a template? There is currently no permanent delete concept for templates. However, you may archive a template. To archive a template, navigate to Loyalty > Templates and click on the template. You can click on the kabob menu on the right-hand side of the template card and choose Archive.