Getting Started with Friendbuy
Referral Program Placements
Friendbuy Referral Emails
Driving Referral Program Awareness
Referral Offer Strategies
Limited-Time Offer Promotions in Referral
Referral Contests, Sweepstakes and Giveaways
A/B Testing Best Practices
How can I invite my team to the Friendbuy platform?
Managing Your Account Settings
How to Set Up and Change Your Email Sender
Referral Campaign Management
How to Create a New Theme
How to Make Changes to a Theme
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
How to update a Widget or Theme to the latest version
How to Set Up a Ribbon
How to Set Up an Advocate Landing Page
How to Set Up a Friend Landing Page
How to Set Up a Post-Purchase Overlay
How to Set Up an Account Page Widget
How to configure your Terms & Conditions
How to Test a Widget
How to Set up a Self-Referral Overlay
How to Personalize Your Widgets with the Advocate name
How to Create a New Referral Campaign
How to set up Referral Code Personalization for PURLs
Setting Up an Advocate Reward
Setting Up a Friend Incentive
Setting Up Shopify Coupon Code Integration
How to Run an A/B Test
How to Change Your Referral Offer
Setting Up Max Clicks for Referral Links
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) through Our API
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) for Advocates
How to Configure Tiered Rewards
How to Archive a Referral Campaign
How to Duplicate Your Campaign
How to Set Up a Redirect for Limited Time Campaigns
How to set up Code Based Sharing
How to Create a New Code Bank
How to Generate Coupons in Bulk for Shopify
Setting Up Low Code Bank Notifications
How to Add Codes to an Existing Code Bank
Loyalty Program Management
How to Redeem Points
How to Set Up Shopify Coupon Code Integration in a Loyalty Earning Event
How to Set Up Purchase Based Member Tiers Program
How to Set Up a Points-Based Member Tier Program
How to Setup a Loyalty Opt-in CTA
How to send Referral Links Post Product Review (Yotpo + Klaviyo)
How to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Friendbuy and Trustpilot (via Klaviyo)
How to send one time emails with referral links through Klaviyo
How to Send Referral Links Post Positive Product Review (Okendo + Klaviyo)
How to Send Referral Links Post Purchase through Klaviyo
How to Enable the Klaviyo Integration
How to Send a a Customer their Loyalty Points Balance Through Klaviyo
How to Email Coupon Codes Through Klaviyo to Advocates and Friends After They Are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Yotpo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Upgrading to Klaviyo OAuth with your Friendbuy Integration
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Okendo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Send Coupon Codes through Klaviyo SMS to Advocates and Friends After They are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers For Subscribing to Klaviyo Emails and Texts Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Segment Customers Based on Tier Status in Klaviyo
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Stamped via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Tango Card Integration
How to Integrate Friendbuy as a Segment Source
How to set up the Segment Web-Mode (Destination Actions) Integration
How to Enable the Shopify Integration
Shopify Checkout Extensibility
Shopify Pixel Tracking
Shopify Theme App Embed
Trigger a Direct Mail Campaign to Drive Referral Program Awareness (Friendbuy x Iterable x Poplar)
How to Enable the Iterable Integration
How to Automatically Text Referred Friends their Coupon Code with Iterable Journeys
Increase Referral Program Awareness with a Dedicated Email Blast through Iterable Journeys
Send a Triggered Text to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Attentive and Okendo
Automatically Prompt a Referral Post Purchase in Attentive
Send Referral Program Text Messages Through Attentive
How to Text Coupon Codes to Advocates using Attentive Journeys
Make it Easy for Advocates to Refer by Sending Their PURL Through SMS using Attentive Journeys
How to Send Advocates a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to Send Referred Friends a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to reward Loyalty Members for signing up for Attentive text messages and emails
How to Include a Customer's Loyalty Points Balance in an Attentive Text
How to Send a Coupon Code to a Referred Friend using Attentive Journeys
How To Enable the Attentive Integration
How to Block a Referral Code
How to Block an Email Address
Fraud Settings and Business Rules
Configuring a Global Reward Allowance
Configuring a Referral Link Fallback URL
How to set up expiration for Account Credit or Points
How the Similar Email Address Fraud Check Works
Customer Service Portal
How do I check the status of a referral?
How to Manually Add or Remove Credit / Points to a Customer's Account
Why was my customers reward rejected?
The Referred Friend put in their email address but didn’t get their coupon code. How do I find this?
Resend Reward Email
Override a Rejected or Pending reward
How to Search for a Customer Profile
How to create a Manual Referral
Why didn't the Advocate receive a Reward for a successful referral?
Reasons for Rejected Advocate Rewards and Friend Incentives
Analytics & Reports
Top Advocates Report
Account Credit or Points Statement Export
Exporting Reports from Friendbuy
Advocate Rewards Report
The Channel Analytics Dashboard
Friend Incentives Report
Understanding the Codes Report
What does Fraud Protection do?
What is a typical referral flow?
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
Difficulty downloading reports after you receive an export email?
What are Fraud Checks, Tier Checks, and Rules Checks in the Rewards Report?
How do I change my password?
What is a self-referral redirect URL?
What do the Reward Statuses and Definitions mean?
How to Create a New Theme
What is a Friend Widget?
How are Conversions Tracked in Friendbuy?
A Glossary of Terms
How long is the Referred Friend attribution window
What are some common scenarios, and how do I troubleshoot them?
Updated by Emma Kimmerly
This article walks through how to automatically text referred friends their coupon code using Iterable Journeys, after they enter their email address into a Friendbuy friend incentive widget.
Create your SMS
- Login to your Iterable account
- Navigate to Content, then click Templates
- Then, either make a copy of an existing SMS template, or create a new template. To make a copy of an existing template, click the three dots on the right hand side beside a template, and click Make a copy. Rename your template, and click Save template.
- On the next screen, click Edit, and update your SMS Sender, and Message content. In the message content, be sure to include the coupon code snippet, like the example below.
- Click Save in the top of the editor, and then click Preview to double check your message looks ready to go.
Create your journey
- Navigate to Messaging, then click Journeys
- Click New Journey in the top right corner
- Name your journey, and click Create Journey
- On the next screen, double click on the square that says Start, API Call. A sidebar will open on the right-hand side. In the Entry Source dropdown, choose List Subscribe, then from the List dropdown, choose your Friendbuy Referred Friend list. Then select Update.
Set up SMS
- Next, click on SMS in the right hand side bar, and drag and drop it onto the journey, underneath the Start box.
- Double click on SMS, name your campaign, and then click on Choose a template.
- Select a template from your SMS template gallery, and click Attach Template in the bottom left corner. Then, click Create Campaign.
Set a delay
- From the right hand side bar, drag and drop the Wait option underneath SMS.
- Double click on Wait, and set the amount of time you want to wait until re-sending referred friends their coupon code through email. Five days is a good rule of thumb. Then, click Update.
Create a yes/no split
- Next, drag and drop Yes/no split underneath the Wait box.
- Double click on Yes/no split. Select All user properties and events in the first section. Then, beside the MUST HAVE section, select "Find contacts that meet any of the following clauses". In the Choose a property dropdown, select SMS Click.
- Next, in the dropdown beside "where", select Campaign. In the Campaigns dropdown, select the name of the journey you've created for this workflow. Then click Update.
Create a reminder email
- Navigate to
- Select friendbuy_purl to add it to your email.
- Once your email is ready to send, scroll down and click SAVE TEMPLATE.
- Navigate back to Content, and click Templates. Click the three dots beside the template you just created, and click Make a copy.
- This email is for subscribers without a PURL. Replace the PURL merge variable with a link to your referral program landing page, and click SAVE TEMPLATE.
Create the Journey to send the emails
- Navigate to Messaging and click Journeys
- Click New Journey
- Name your journey and write a description, then click Create journey.
- Double click on Start and in the Entry Source dropdown, select Schedule.
- Then, in the Select a list drop down, pick the list you want the dedicated referral program email to be sent to.
- Pick the start date and time you want it to send, as well as how many times a contact can receive the email. Then, click Update.
- Drag and drop Attribute split from the right hand side bar and place it underneath Start.
- Double click on Attribute split to edit the details. In the Attribute dropdown, select friendbuy_purl. In the Values dropdown, select an example of a PURL. Then click Update.
- Drag and drop Email from the right hand side bar and place it underneath Attribute. Do this twice so that you have two emails side by side like the below.
- Then, double click on the left email. This is the draft you'll send to customers that have a personal URL with Friendbuy. Name the campaign, then Choose a template.
- Select the Dedicated Referral Email with PURL template you created, then click Attach Template.
- Click Create Campaign
- Then, click the right hand side email and take the same steps. This time, choose the template without the PURL, and click Attach Template, then Create Campaign.
- Click the white dot at the bottom of Start, and connect it to Attribute split. Click the white dot on Attribute split with the PURL example, and drag it to the Email box titled Email with PURL. Then connect Everyone else to the Email without PURL box.
- When you're ready to schedule your email, click Publish in the bottom right corner, and then click Publish again on the pop-up.