Getting Started with Friendbuy
Referral Program Placements
Friendbuy Referral Emails
Driving Referral Program Awareness
Referral Offer Strategies
Limited-Time Offer Promotions in Referral
Referral Contests, Sweepstakes and Giveaways
A/B Testing Best Practices
How can I invite my team to the Friendbuy platform?
Managing Your Account Settings
How to Set Up and Change Your Email Sender
Referral Campaign Management
How to Create a New Theme
How to Make Changes to a Theme
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
How to update a Widget or Theme to the latest version
How to Set Up a Ribbon
How to Set Up an Advocate Landing Page
How to Set Up a Friend Landing Page
How to Set Up a Post-Purchase Overlay
How to Set Up an Account Page Widget
How to configure your Terms & Conditions
How to Test a Widget
How to Set up a Self-Referral Overlay
How to Personalize Your Widgets with the Advocate name
How to Create a New Referral Campaign
How to set up Referral Code Personalization for PURLs
Setting Up an Advocate Reward
Setting Up a Friend Incentive
Setting Up Shopify Coupon Code Integration
How to Run an A/B Test
How to Change Your Referral Offer
Setting Up Max Clicks for Referral Links
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) through Our API
How to Generate Personalized URLs (PURLs) for Advocates
How to Configure Tiered Rewards
How to Archive a Referral Campaign
How to Duplicate Your Campaign
How to Set Up a Redirect for Limited Time Campaigns
How to Create a New Code Bank
How to Generate Coupons in Bulk for Shopify
Setting Up Low Code Bank Notifications
How to Add Codes to an Existing Code Bank
Email Types for Your Referral Program
How to Add DNS Records for Email Sender Verification
How to Create, Edit, and Manage Emails
How to set up an Expiration Reminder email
How to Assign an Email to a Campaign
Code Based Sharing
How to send Referral Links Post Product Review (Yotpo + Klaviyo)
How to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Friendbuy and Trustpilot (via Klaviyo)
How to send one time emails with referral links through Klaviyo
How to Send Referral Links Post Positive Product Review (Okendo + Klaviyo)
How to Send Referral Links Post Purchase through Klaviyo
How to Enable the Klaviyo Integration
How to Send a a Customer their Loyalty Points Balance Through Klaviyo
How to Email Coupon Codes Through Klaviyo to Advocates and Friends After They Are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Yotpo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Upgrading to Klaviyo OAuth with your Friendbuy Integration
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Okendo via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Send Coupon Codes through Klaviyo SMS to Advocates and Friends After They are Distributed by Friendbuy
How to Reward Customers For Subscribing to Klaviyo Emails and Texts Through Your Loyalty Program
How to Segment Customers Based on Tier Status in Klaviyo
How to Reward Customers for Providing a Review Through Stamped via Klaviyo Through Your Loyalty Program
Tango Card Integration
How to Integrate Friendbuy as a Segment Source
How to set up the Segment Web-Mode (Destination Actions) Integration
Trigger a Direct Mail Campaign to Drive Referral Program Awareness (Friendbuy x Iterable x Poplar)
How to Enable the Iterable Integration
Increase Referral Program Awareness with a Dedicated Email Blast through Iterable Journeys
Send a Triggered Text to Prompt a Referral After a Positive Review with Attentive and Okendo
Automatically Prompt a Referral Post Purchase in Attentive
Send Referral Program Text Messages Through Attentive
How to Text Coupon Codes to Advocates using Attentive Journeys
Make it Easy for Advocates to Refer by Sending Their PURL Through SMS using Attentive Journeys
How to Send Advocates a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to Send Referred Friends a Reminder Text to Redeem Their Coupon Codes through Attentive Journeys
How to reward Loyalty Members for signing up for Attentive text messages and emails
How to Include a Customer's Loyalty Points Balance in an Attentive Text
How to Send a Coupon Code to a Referred Friend using Attentive Journeys
How To Enable the Attentive Integration
How to Leverage Friendbuy with Kustomer
How to Block a Referral Code
How to Block an Email Address
Fraud Settings and Business Rules
Configuring a Global Reward Allowance
Configuring a Referral Link Fallback URL
How to set up expiration for Account Credit or Points
How the Similar Email Address Fraud Check Works
Customer Service Portal
How do I check the status of a referral?
How to Manually Add or Remove Credit / Points to a Customer's Account
Why was my customers reward rejected?
The Referred Friend put in their email address but didn’t get their coupon code. How do I find this?
Resend Reward Email
Override a Rejected or Pending reward
How to Search for a Customer Profile
How to create a Manual Referral
Why didn't the Advocate receive a Reward for a successful referral?
Reasons for Rejected Advocate Rewards and Friend Incentives
Analytics & Reports
Top Advocates Report
Account Credit or Points Statement Export
Exporting Reports from Friendbuy
Advocate Rewards Report
The Channel Analytics Dashboard
Friend Incentives Report
Understanding the Codes Report
What does Fraud Protection do?
What is a typical referral flow?
How to Apply Theme Changes to a Widget
Difficulty downloading reports after you receive an export email?
What are Fraud Checks, Tier Checks, and Rules Checks in the Rewards Report?
How do I change my password?
What is a self-referral redirect URL?
What do the Reward Statuses and Definitions mean?
How to Create a New Theme
What is a Friend Widget?
How are Conversions Tracked in Friendbuy?
A Glossary of Terms
How long is the Referred Friend attribution window
What are some common scenarios, and how do I troubleshoot them?
Loyalty Program Management
Updated by William Harper
Use the Personalized URL (PURL) self-service tool to generate a list of unique referral links for your Advocates so they can share their PURL with Friends to drive additional referrals. This is an easy way to increase conversions through an influencer or ambassador campaign. You can also use this feature to generate PURLs and then upload the links into a Customer Relationship Management platform or Email & SMS Marketing platform to personalize your communication and grow referral program awareness. Follow the steps below to get started!
You can generate a list of PURLs by going to Referral > Overview tab > Select the three dot button next to the desired campaign > Generate PURLs
- Upload a CSV file containing a list of Advocate email addresses. The CSV file must contain a column header for ‘email’ in the first row. Download a sample file here.
- Select a widget to associate with the PURLs to track analytics.
- Option 1 (Recommended): Assign to a new 'placeholder' widget designated for PURL analytics tracking. You can create a 'placeholder' widget within the Additional Widgets section of your campaign before generating the PURLs.
- Option 2: Assign to an existing widget. This will result in all PURL analytics generated through manual upload to be combined with PURLs analytics generated within the widget together in the Analytics > Placements dashboard.
- Option 3 (Not Recommended): Select None if you do not want to track analytics for PURLs generated through your manual upload.
- Click Generate PURLs to start the process
- An email will be sent to your inbox containing a link to download your PURL Generation export after the process is completed successfully.
- The file upload must contain a list of Advocate email addresses within a single column. Column headers are required in the first row. The column header 'email' is required, all other column headers are optional. Note: If you require Customer ID to issue customer rewards, then 'customerId' is required (in the case you are rewarding with account credit or custom webhooks).
- All file uploads must be in CSV format and no larger than 1 GB.
- Larger files can take several hours to process, which will delay receipt of the export email until the process is complete. PURL generation exports must be downloaded within 7 days of receiving the email.
- If the CSV upload file contains an invalid, blank, or malformed email address within a row, then the output for the corresponding row will be skipped and a validation error will be displayed in the row.
- PURLs will include a randomly generated referral code unless you have set up Referral Code Personalization in your Referral Campaign settings and provided the optional fields (firstName or lastName) as a seed in the CSV file. Example: https://fbuy.io/alias/prefixseed
- If a PURL does not exist for the Advocate associated with the requested campaign, one will be created. If a PURL already exists, the link will remain the same.
- If a PURL already exists for an Advocate when creating a new widget for a new PURL campaign, the Analytics for their PURL will not be tracked in the new widget, and will only be tracked in the original widget.
- You can create an Additional Widget in your campaign to assign in Step 2 for tracking PURL analytics independent of existing widgets. Reach out to your Customer Support Manager to learn more about best practices!
Example Upload CSV file format:
Example Output CSV file format: